Do I Need to Include my Spouse or Civil Partner in my Home Policy Even Though They Have Their Own Insurance in Coppell, Texas?

Obtaining home insurance in the DFW area is not difficult, but it does require some consideration into the individuals who are living in your house. When you are asking for a quote in Coppell, Texas, you will be required to name the other people living in your home and your relationship to those individuals.

Providing Details

Even if your spouse or civil partner has an insurance policy to protect personal assets, you are still required to name them in your house policy. Companies will require details about each person living in your house, though you can inform the company that your spouse or civil partner is already insured at the time you are obtaining a quote.

Getting Coverage

Obtaining coverage will depend on several factors. Your significant other will be named on your policy, but as a secondary individual in the house. It is a measure to protect your financial assets because the other individual might not have appropriate coverage or might not maintain coverage in the future. Although you will not need to have the same level of coverage for your significant other if he or she already has coverage, you will still need to name them on your policy to keep your own assets safe.

Insurance coverage is not always limited to personal items. In the case of homeowners coverage, you will need to list every individual living in the home and the major assets that you want protected from theft or damage. Even if the objects are not your personal belongings, you still want to protect assets within the house. If you want to learn more about finding the right coverage, then contact us today to talk to an independent agent.