What Type of Vehicles May be Covered Under RV & Toy Insurance Policies?

If you have motorized toys, you may be looking to obtain an RV or toy insurance policy. Learning what items may be covered under these policies can help you determine whether you can insure the items you are looking to insure. Here are a few of the types of vehicles that may be covered by RV & Toy insurance policies issued by The Select Insurance Agency, serving the greater Coppell, TX area. 

Motor Homes

One of the items that is covered under RV and toy insurance policies is motor homes or recreational vehicles. Some companies have separate RV insurance, while others loop RV and toy insurance together, so be sure you know what the insurance company you are buying from does to get the right policy for you. 

Toy Hauler

A toy hauler is a trailer you use to haul your toys, including mopeds, ATV, and watercraft. Toy insurance covers both open and enclosed toy haulers. 

All Terrain Vehicles

All terrain vehicles, or ATVs, are often covered under toy insurance policies. However, in order for the coverage to be valid, you typically have to be following all laws. If you are using the ATV in a prohibited area, your policy may not cover you. 


Lastly, many of the toys that you use on waterways, including smaller boats and jet skis, may be covered under toy insurance policies. Larger boats typically need a boat insurance policy, so be sure to check with an agent to learn what type of policy you will need. 

If you are looking to obtain a toy insurance policy in the greater Coppell, TX area, contact The Select Insurance Agency today. We can help put together the right policy to cover all of the toys you have, including motor homes, toy haulers, ATVs, and watercraft.