Our homes are the backbone of our families and protecting the structure and its contents help to keep our families safe. There is nothing more important than knowing that we are able to keep our family safe and comfortable and our homes are much more than a house. Of course, protecting the structure is important and a necessary part of keeping our family safe. If you are in the greater Coppell, TX area and want to learn more about your comprehensive homeowner policy options, give the folks at The Select Insurance Agency a call today.
Benefits of a Comprehensive Homeowner’s Policy
Insurance is a tool that needs to be reviewed and updated on a regular basis to ensure that you have the protection you need. There are many options available that go beyond the features of a primary policy that provides simple coverage. In fact, there are many worthwhile benefits that are worth exploring. One of the main benefits of a comprehensive policy is the coverage for alternative living arrangements. If your home is deemed uninhabitable due to a covered event, you may be compensated for some of the cost for other living arrangements while your home is repaired or replaced. This benefit is just one example of how a comprehensive policy can make a catastrophe more manageable and allow you to reduce the stress level that your family experiences during recovery. Take the time now to fully understand all of the coverage options that are available.
Ready to up your homeowner’s coverage to a more comprehensive policy? The team at The Select Insurance Agency is here to provide guidance to the greater Coppell, TX community and help you find the policy that is right for your family. Call or stop by today!
Did you know that the state of Texas has a Bill of Rights for consumers who get auto insurance? Ask your agent at The Select Insurance Agency, serving Coppell, TX and the surrounding area, to give you a copy if you are considering getting auto insurance. You will automatically get a copy when you buy or renew an auto insurance policy.
Texas Law Requires Auto Liability Insurance
Along with your rights, you have responsibilities. If you are going to operate a car in Texas, you must have liability insurance. If you borrow money to buy a car, the lender will likely require you to also have collision and comprehensive insurance coverage. There are five other types of coverage that are optional; however, you will probably want to insure your car for more than the barest minimums required.
Here is the breakdown of the eight auto insurance types:
- Liability: This type has minimum legal requirements called 30-60-25 insurance coverage. If you cause an accident, your insurance must be a minimum of $30,000 for one person that is injured and a limit of $60,000 if more than one person is injured in the same accident. The minimum insurance required for any property damage is $25,000.
- Collision: This coverage pays to repair or replace a vehicle that is damaged in an accident.
- Comprehensive: This coverage is for other things that happen to the vehicle besides an accident, like theft or vandalism.
- Medical Payments: This pays the medical bill for you and your passengers.
- Protection for Personal Injury: Pays medical bills, lost wages, and other non-medical costs caused by an accident. This is not legally required; however, it is automatically included in your auto insurance in Texas unless you tell the insurance company, in writing, that you do not want it.
- Under- or Uninsured Driver: This pays the claim if the responsible party who caused the accident cannot pay or does not have insurance.
- Towing: This pays to have the vehicle towed away after an accident.
- Rental Car Expense: This pays for a rental car to use while your car is being repaired.
Contact your agent at The Select Insurance Agency in Coppell, TX by calling 972-315-7299 or using the convenient online form to get a quote for auto insurance.