Many people end up purchasing too much or too little life insurance. This is definitely not something that you want to do. Instead of guessing on the amount of life insurance that you need, figure out just how much you need and make sure you get the right amount. Use these questions to get started so you can get the right amount of life insurance for your needs.
- Do you have any debt? If you have any outstanding debt, such as a mortgage, car payment, student loans, credit card debt, or any other type of debt, you may still be required to pay it off after death. That means that your debt would be inherited by someone in your family. Instead of letting them take on that burden, make sure you have enough life insurance to take care of all of your debts.
- Do you take care of any family members financially? If you are financially responsible for someone like a child, parent, or spouse, then they may find financial trouble if you are no longer around. Make sure you have enough to take care of them after you go, at least enough for them to have time to get back on their feet.
- Do you have enough money set aside for funeral arrangements? These things can be very costly no matter your preferences. If you have not saved up for this, then you may want to consider adding this amount to your life insurance policy so your family does not have to pay for it out of pocket.
If you still are unsure about how much life insurance you need to purchase or would like to move forward with getting a policy, contact us today at The Select Insurance Agency. We can find you the perfect policy for your needs as well as one that fits your budget.
Fender benders are typically thought of as annoying, but ultimately inconsequential accidents. However, although not as serious as other collisions, fender benders can be devastating, particularly if fraud is involved. The following suggestions will help you keep fraudsters at bay:
1. Be careful in parking lots
Parking lots are prime breeding grounds for fraudulent fender bender accidents. Whenever possible, park far away from all other vehicles. And if waved at to back out of a spot, take heed — this is when many fraudsters strike.
2. Don’t give the other party the benefit of the doubt
It’s tempting to think the best of the other person involved in the collision — but that’s exactly what fraudulent drivers want you to do. The last thing you should do if involved in a fender bender is walk away. This is especially true if the other party seems eager for you to avoid further involvement. Your suspicion should also be aroused if the driver and other vehicle occupants claim to have sustained extensive injuries that are not commensurate with the speed you were driving at the time of the accident. Although it is possible to be severely injured in low-speed collisions, your guard should still be up if the ‘victim’s’ injuries may seem excessive.
3. Take pictures
Once you’ve decided to remain on the scene, documentation is essential. Take several pictures of the damage, of the location, of the other driver, and of that person’s driver’s license. The more pictures you take, the easier it will be to protect yourself later on.
Even if you have safe driving habits and engage in other precautionary measures, it is important to seek good coverage. Get in touch with The Select Insurance Agency to find the best possible coverage for your vehicle.
It’s National Safe Boating Week. If you’re headed out to Lake Grapevine, Lake Lewisville, Lake Worth or any of our great lakes in Texas, be sure to wear those life jackets!
Have a safe and fun Memorial Day Weekend, and remember our soldiers who fought and died for our freedom!
The Select Insurance Agency, located in Coppell TX, has over 30 insurance companies that we can write Homeowners and/or Auto Insurance with. Let us shop for a great rate and policy that best fits your needs!
We’re approaching Summer very quickly here in Coppell! It’s time to make sure you have up to date insurance on your recreational vehicles, motorcycles, boats, personal watercrafts, etc.
Call The Select Insurance Agency today for help with a new policy or to compare rates on a current policy you may already have. You can also go on-line to get a fast free quote. Either way, we’re here to help!